Re: Desktop settings (was Re: CentOS alternatives: Devuan)

  • Subject: Re: Desktop settings (was Re: CentOS alternatives: Devuan)
  • From: Alex Pilon <alp [ at ] alexpilon [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 13:37:29 -0400
> I've used a combination of xmodmap and WM options, but I'd really like
> an option to do it at the tty console level...

See kbd package. locate i386/qwerty/us.map.gz, or something the sort.
Ungz. Find the caps lock key. Rename to control. I think it was keycode
58. Can't remember.

For systemd, /etc/vconsole.conf, set KEYMAP=us-capsasctrl, or whatever
you called the file. Put it in the /usr/local hierarchy, not the /usr
one. If the distro built kbd properly, which is most likely, it will
just work.