Multiple sites and URL on a single Apache server

  • Subject: Multiple sites and URL on a single Apache server
  • From: jean-Francois Messier <jf [ at ] messier [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 14:44:28 -0400
Can someone explain or point me to a site that explains how I can have
multiple apps or sites on a single Apache server, using the same main
hostname, followed by different subdirs

- https://vps.messier.ca/app1 that would point to /var/www/app1
- https://vps.messier.ca/app2 that would point to /var/www/app2
- https://vps.messier.ca/app3 that would point to /var/www/app3

or different hostnames that would point to different locations on the
server (all hostnames would point to the same IP)

- vps1.messier.ca that would point to /var/www/app1
- vps2. messier.ca that would point to /var/www/app2
- vps3.messier.ca that would point to /var/www/app3

I want to re-use a VPS on multiple small applications, and I do not want
to use strange port numbers.

Thanks :-)

Jean-Francois Messier