[OCLUG-Tech] Re: [OCLUG] [OT] USB keyboard remapping

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 11:10:13 -0400 whatsizface wrote:

> > [gr]   Would it be possible just to re-arrange the keys on my qwerty keyboard, or should I get a new keyboard? You mentioned that you had a Keytronics Dvorak keyboard, where could I buy one of those if necessary? Are they expensive?
> >
> Hi,
>
> Keytronics KB101 model is the cadillac of keyboards. I paid $150.00 for
> one of those in 1996.  Keytronics also has an kit with a Prom, and a new
> set of keycaps for that keyboard.  This keyboard has many options, you
> can even order kits or modify the press force needed for the keys, to
> light medium and heavy.  If you can get one of these keyboards in the
> aftermarket, recyclers or run into one, pick it up immediately it will
> be a good buy.
> Note it must be "KB101" or "KB101 Plus" marked as such on the front and
> on the label.  Mine says on the bottom label "KB101 PLus-C"

[gr]   Hi again, I was wondering if I can take my own keyboard and just change the keys to make up a dvorak keyboard? From what I can see based on a picture of the dvorak layout, it would be just a question re-arranging keycaps, since Linux can easily remap the keyboard to dvorak. How far off am I?

--
GR Gaudreau
<grgaud [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>