Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Re: [oclug] USB keyboard remapping

On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 10:07:29AM -0400, Tony van Muyden wrote:
> [...]
> I found that relabelling keys distracted from the learning process.
> Forcing yourself to look at the screen, and touch type will get you
> there much faster.

I fully agree.  I don't see why you'd _want_ to relabel your keyboard.
Print out a small diagram of whatever layout you're using, and tape it
to your screen.  Then you're always looking up, never at the keys (which
is how you should be typing anyway, regardless of layout.)

See also: http://www.daskeyboard.com/ (though why someone would pay
_more_ for a blank keyboard is also beyond me :)

Jody