Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Re: Same Evolution - different users

Hi Jody;

On Sat, 2005-08-06 at 19:26 -0400, Jody McIntyre wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> Pardon me for pointing out what may be obvious, but have you set the
> permissions so that both users can read and write all the files and
> directories involved, and have you verified that the umask causes
> newly-created files to have the correct permissions?
>
> If you haven't, reply and I'll try and summarize what you need to do.

Your suggestion is the first one I am trying this morning.

I have set up the symbolic link from user2 to user1.  I have created a
new group called 'evo' which has user1 and user2 as members.

Before I "chgrp -Rf --preserve-root evo ./.evolution" and "chmod -Rf
--preserve-root g+r+w ./.evolution" on usr1, I would like the advice you
offered on using umask with future evolution files and an eyeball of my
chgrp and chmod commands.

My current umask for user is 0002 (u=rwx,g=rwx,o=rx) and root 0022
(u=rwx,g=rx,o=rx).  I believe that should cover it.

Regards Bill
Fedora Core 4.