Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Re: Same Evolution - different users

Hi Charles:

If you are referring to the workspace switcher, I use it all the time.

On Sun, 2005-08-07 at 08:30 -0400, Charles MacDonald wrote:

> Why not just use the same account and have more than one desktop?
>
> You can (at least on KDE, and I think GNome is the same) have a bunch of
> desk tops which can share freely.  No login-out.
>
> Of course they can also be subject to a wild file error!

But when you use different workspaces, only open files and programs are
hidden.  The panels, desktop and icons remain in place.  If you have a
cluttered desktop in one work space it remains cluttered in the next.
If you have an important set of work program icons hidden in a draw or
only accessed from the menu on one workspace, you can't make them
prominent in another.

If you know some way to do it otherwise, I am all ears.

Regards Bill