Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Re: Same Evolution - different users

Hi Jody;

Yes I believe a recursive chown command should do it, but evolution has
two directories .evolution and .evolution2. It seems that something gets
missed every time I try it.

On Sat, 2005-08-06 at 19:26 -0400, Jody McIntyre wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> Pardon me for pointing out what may be obvious, but have you set the
> permissions so that both users can read and write all the files and
> directories involved, and have you verified that the umask causes
> newly-created files to have the correct permissions?

Never thought of it, but the umask could have been the problem.  As I
pointed out to Bill Strosberg, when I did try it a while ago it worked
at first but after a few days Evo in user2 began to create its own
files.

Also I got nasty messages involving /tmp and orbit.

Regards Bill
Fedora Core 4.