Re: xterm was: [OCLUG-Tech] Broken pasting in Mutt/screen

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 13:50, Bart Trojanowski wrote:

> What I like about MGT the most is the keyboard shortcuts for
> window,split, and tab manipulations.  I have setup similar macros for
> MGT tabbing to those for screen but prefixed wht ^L.  To create a new
> screen I just type ^Lc.

I've never gotten into tabbed terminals. I use gnome-terminals the same
way I used xterms: dozens open at once. I use vim (gvim in X) and find
the same thing. I find using one window with a bunch of buffers really
difficult to use, and use dozens of gvim windows instead. I suppose I
like to be able to see a lot of my terminals and open files at once
which you can't do with buffers and tabs.

I find however that tabs in a web browser are indispensable. I have no
idea how IE users deal with having so many browser windows.

cheers,
--
Trevor Curtis
http://www.somaradio.ca/~tcurtis