Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Broken pasting in Mutt/screen

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 08:53:00AM -0500, Adrian Irving-Beer wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 08:30:24AM -0500, Martin Hicks wrote:
>
> > Does anyone else have that broken behavior using mutt inside screen?
> > Mutt by itself works fine.  Other applications in screen work fine.
> > Combined together I don't seem to get the line ending '\n' when I
> > cut & paste.
>
> I use mutt in screen, and I can't say I've noticed anything odd.
> Doesn't mutt always spawn an external editor?  Which one do you use?
> And does your editor work in screen or not?
>
> Of course, I use vi, with Perl's 'Text::AutoFormat' bound to the
> equals key, so I typically let it reformat much of my messages
> (including quoted bits) to linewrap it more stylishly for me.

I don't experiencethe paste issues either, mort.  I wonder if it has
anything to do with the xterm/whatever you're using?

Adrian:  What's this about Text::AutoFormat?  Tell me more...  I've been
using this line in my ~/.vimrc for years which does similar(?)
formatting when I hit CTRL-J:
:nmap <C-J> vipgq

Cheers,
Vic

--
Vic Gedris             |  Sick of getting Microsoft email viruses? Try
vic-at-gedris.org      |  using Linux instead!    http://www.linux.org