Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Broken pasting in Mutt/screen

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Broken pasting in Mutt/screen
  • From: Martin Hicks <mort [ at ] bork [ dot ] org>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 09:47:04 -0500

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 09:02:03AM -0500, Vic Gedris wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 08:53:00AM -0500, Adrian Irving-Beer wrote:
> >
> > I use mutt in screen, and I can't say I've noticed anything odd.
> > Doesn't mutt always spawn an external editor?  Which one do you use?
> > And does your editor work in screen or not?
> >
> > Of course, I use vi, with Perl's 'Text::AutoFormat' bound to the
> > equals key, so I typically let it reformat much of my messages
> > (including quoted bits) to linewrap it more stylishly for me.
>
> I don't experiencethe paste issues either, mort.  I wonder if it has
> anything to do with the xterm/whatever you're using?

Hmm...so slightly different behavior when I run in xterm.  It does stick
in the newlines, but it also pads out each line with spaces when I paste
into emacs.  Better, but still annoying.  Too bad xterm is useless.

Maybe I'll try without my .screenrc

mh

--
Martin Hicks || mort [ at ] bork [ dot ] org || PGP/GnuPG: 0x4C7F2BEE