Re: xterm was: [OCLUG-Tech] Broken pasting in Mutt/screen

  • Subject: Re: xterm was: [OCLUG-Tech] Broken pasting in Mutt/screen
  • From: Bart Trojanowski <bart [ at ] jukie [ dot ] net>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 13:50:47 -0500
* Richard Guy Briggs <rgb [ at ] tricolour [ dot ] net> [050308 13:41]:
> > > I am interested to know what you dislike about xterm.

Wasted memory, when you have 100s of terminals opened.  This is less of
an issue with 1G of RAM -- which my laptop does not have :(

> I dumped gnome-terminal after it locked up once too often when closing
> one tab, losing all the rest of the tabs.  I found it to be too buggy to
> be useful.

I hate gnome-terminal, almost as much as I hate metacity.

I find MGT more stable and featuresome then gnome-terminal.  I don't
think MGT has ever crashed on me.  Where as, I can recall many issues
with gnome-terminal.

$ apt-cache search multi-gnome-terminal
multi-gnome-terminal - Enhanced the GNOME Terminal

What I like about MGT the most is the keyboard shortcuts for
window,split, and tab manipulations.  I have setup similar macros for
MGT tabbing to those for screen but prefixed wht ^L.  To create a new
screen I just type ^Lc.

-Bart

--
				WebSig: http://www.jukie.net/~bart/sig/