Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Rogers and Sendmail

Jean-Francois Bilodeau wrote:
: I run a mail server using a static IP, but for a while, GMail would
: refuse any messages from my server, saying that it was a dynamic IP.
: I've enabled SPF on my DNS server, and that seemed to fix the problem.
: However, I'm curious to know how a server can know if an IP is static or
: dynamic. How can you find out?

There are people that manually maintain lists of dynamic IPs, presented via
the traditional DNSBL mechanism.  These lists are, as mentioned, manually
maintained; there is no programmatic way to determine this information.
(That's easier than 'very difficult', anyhow.)

  - Damian