Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Rogers and Sendmail

I run a mail server using a static IP, but for a while, GMail would refuse any messages from my server, saying that it was a dynamic IP. I've enabled SPF on my DNS server, and that seemed to fix the problem. However, I'm curious to know how a server can know if an IP is static or dynamic. How can you find out?

Thanks,

J-F

Pedro I. Sanchez wrote:
[...]

Also, I stopped using my server at home as a SMTP relay after I found
out that many sites (ISP's and companies), just drop messages
relayed via a dynamic IP address, as the one you get from Rogers. I
guess they assume that they are SPAM.

[...]