From: Jean-Francois Bilodeau <jfbilodeau [ at ] chronogears [ dot ] com>
Cc: linux [ at ] lists [ dot ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:46:48 PM
Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Rogers and Sendmail

I run a mail server using a static IP, but for a while, GMail would refuse any messages from my server, saying that it was a dynamic IP. I've enabled SPF on my DNS server, and that seemed to fix the problem. However, I'm curious to know how a server can know if an IP is static or dynamic. How can you find out?