Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Current thoughts on filesystem partitioning?

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005, Phil Orpen wrote:

> If you do set up swap on a system with two or more hard drives (raided
> or not) split the swap partition into two and mount both with equal
> priority... e.g.
> $ grep swap /etc/fstab
> /dev/hda2 none swap     pri=0 0 0
> /dev/hdc2 none swap     pri=0 0 0

Yes let me wholly endorse this recommendation.  This is particularly good
(when it comes to IDE) if the two drives are on different controllers such
as in Phil's example of using hda and hdc.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.		Phone:	+1-416-669-3073
Senior Technical Consultant	Email:	support [ at ] opentrend [ dot ] net