Re: Fwd: Home automation and concept art

On 2022-08-27 02:10, Dmitriy Korovkin wrote:
> 8X-----Joke------X8
> Concept art:
> An Arm Cortex M4 board with two buttons and Ethernet running ZephyrOS
> publishes data on each button press.
> Data goes to Linux powered wall clock also running MQTT broker.
> openHAB server subscribes on MQTT broker and changes volume on MPD server on
> each that event.
> Surprisingly, it all works quite decently.
> 8X-----Joke------X8
>
> This sort of creation which marks a stage in my home automation project was
> supposed to be done just for fun and test if this will work at all.
>
> As for the general, if there is an interest in OCLUG to OpenSource in home
> automation, we could run a discussion at one of the meetings. From my side,
> I am ready to talk briefly about openHAB, ZephyrOS as an OS for sensor
> devices, may be some words about MQTT in home automation if needed.

I'd be interested in this, and would even be willing to do a
presentation about my home power monitoring system that I developped
using current sensors in my house circuit breaker panel, a Teensy3.0
(arduino), and a perl script with MRTG.

> Thoughts?
>
> --
> Dmitriy Korovkin

  slainte mhath, RGB
--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\             <hpv.tricolour.ca>
<www.TriColour.ca>                 --  \___   o \@      @        Ride yer bike!