Fwd: Home automation and concept art

Just in case this e-mail was lost, I am re-sending it. Let me know what you think.
Regards,
/Dmitriy
Colleagues,
Let me begin with a joke:
8X-----Joke------X8
Concept art:
An Arm Cortex M4 board with two buttons and Ethernet running ZephyrOS publishes data on each button press.
Data goes to Linux powered wall clock also running MQTT broker.
openHAB server subscribes on MQTT broker and changes volume on MPD server on each that event.
Surprisingly, it all works quite decently.
8X-----Joke------X8

This sort of creation which marks a stage in my home automation project was supposed to be done just for fun and test if this will work at all.

As for the general, if there is an interest in OCLUG to OpenSource in home automation, we could run a discussion at one of the meetings. From my side, I am ready to talk briefly about openHAB, ZephyrOS as an OS for sensor devices, may be some words about MQTT in home automation if needed.

Thoughts?

--
Dmitriy Korovkin