Re: Linux advocacy and Linux Mint

Quoting Callie Jones <calypsoraven [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>:

I don't mind you using my situation as an example.

Thank you for an intelligent reply.  You seem intelligent.

I do not want to  remove Mint 20 and reinstall Windows no matter how
improved it may be. I do not believe Windows could ever be as secure as
Linux, and security is a major issue. I work (from home) so my computer
must be both reliable and secure; I am not sure just how reliable Mint is
at this point, but do believe it is secure.

Yeah, I can see your perspective.  I know you are more alarmed than I
would be about a problem that fixed itself.  I have confidence I can fix
anything wrong with Linux, and I'm used to things fixing themselves.

I have a question.  Would you be willing to pay someone to fix Mint 20 if
it broke down?  That sounds cheaper and less troublesome than running
Windows.

Why not stay with Mint 20 until it permanently breaks down.  (If that ever
happens.)  Another idea I had is that LMDE (Linux Mint Debian Edition) is
still Linux Mint but it's Debian-based and might be a lot more reliable.
Maybe you can try LMDE if your Mint 20 breaks down.

Thanks
Tom