Re: Looking for help!

Quoting Callie Jones <calypsoraven [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>:

The older mouse that I said wasn't
working before, was now working again, and the login was fine.  So shutting
down the system took care of the login aspect. However the reason why that
happened is still unknown so it could happen again.

I think it's possible that it's unlikely to happen again.  I'm glad it works
again.

Of more concern is
that the original problem of being disconnected from the network remains
the same.

Are you using a wired or wireless network?  Is this a desktop or a laptop
that you are using?

Hopefully Trailing Edge can help.  If they can not, I may have to ask them
to send a tech to remove Linux and reinstall Windows.  I can't trust the
Linux o/s if this kind of problem occurs every time I need to install
updates.  I can't stand Windows but don't see much of an option. Linux used
to be so amazingly stable. I've used it for 20 years, the first 15 of which
were problem free. The last five have been problematic.

I don't use Linux Mint mainline, but I think that problems due to updates are
rare and that you should give Linux another chance.  It's also possible you
could try Linux Mint Debian Edition, which offers the same user interface but
is of a more reliable build.

If you do decide to reinstall Windows maybe try to have both Windows and
Linux installed so you can go back to Linux when Windows has problems.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with Linux, I take responsibility for this
because I'd like to have non-technical people like yourself be able to use
something other than Windows, Mac or Chrome OS and have the power and freedom
I take for granted.

Tom