Re: Looking for help!

Quoting Callie Jones <calypsoraven [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>:

I really don't get it. And of course, it
could happen again the next time I try to install updates.  In any case for
the moment it is working fine.  But I don't really trust it, and since I
have such limited tech knowledge, I feel as if I'm looking for trouble
staying with Linux.  I'll have to think it over a bit before deciding.

I'm glad your computer is working again for now.

Yeah, I don't blame you for being uncomfortable with the system you have
installed with this point of view.  I don't know Windows that well anymore,
since it's changed a lot since the 90s and since XP, but I still think Linux
is far and away better for security and reliability and peace of mind.

Is it normal for these kinds of glitches to suddenly resolve themselves
seemingly on their own?

With my 25 or so years of experience with computers, I think I'd have to say
yes, as impossible as it seems.

I wouldn't be alarmed, just take it as a blessing and move on :).

Tom