Fwd: Looking for help!

I accidentally replied individually.  Marlene, reply to this message if you
reply.

Quoting Callie Jones <calypsoraven [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>:

here are the pics:

Okay, I don't really know what's going on but I might be able to figure it
out after a while.  If that doesn't work, do you have an expert you can take
the machine into to get it repaired?  Or can you have the shop that installed
it for you do a reinstall?

But before you do that I want you to try logging in at console.  This will at
least tell me if lightdm (I think that's what you're using) is malfunctioning
or if the failure is at some deeper layer.

Boot your computer and press ctrl+alt+f1 to get to a text login prompt.  You
should see some text information about your computer and a text login prompt.
Try logging in with your username and password.  If you get a prompt that says
marlene@yourcomputer $ or something similar to that you managed to login.  If
it freezes, or the text login prompt doesn't show up, let me know.

I hope that helps.
Tom