Re: anyone using a privacy-protecting cell phone

Thanks for everyone's ideas on the gmail algorithm choking on the non-spam
message. If anyone wants to look at the headers etc of the mailing-list
message that was misidentified as spam by Gmail, I have downloaded it and
can send it to you or I can send it to the mailing list (it isn't big).

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 6:58 PM Kevin Szabo <k [ dot ] s [ dot ] szabo [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com> wrote:

> I just found one of the replies to this thread was marked as spam.  Dunno
> why
>
> [image: image.png]
>

> On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 9:54 AM James Lockie <bjlockie [ at ] lockie [ dot ] ca> wrote:
>
>> $799 USD for the base phoe
>> No wireless AC. :-(
>>
>> On January 23, 2021 00:06:57 "Brenda J. Butler" <bjb [ at ] sourcerer [ dot ] ca> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Linux hive-mind -

>>> This request eventually reminded me about the Purism phone:
>>>
>>> https://puri.sm/
>>>
>>> which purports to be a ground-up phone OS designed for privacy.
>>>
>>> I have not bought it but maybe I should.
>>>
>>> I was under the impression that the person who started the
>>> company was in Toronto but they are based in the States now.
>>> But that is a vague memory and may be entirely false.
>>>
>>> They don't have social media icons.  Their web page (front page)
>>> is served from one server (impressive!).  They have a warrant
>>> canary page and two people gpg-sign a message for that page on
>>> a monthly basis.
>>>
>>> Looks legit.
>>>
>>> I'm guessing they are expensive as they are not subsidized
>>> by Big Tech.  Haven't seen prices yet.
>>>
>>> bjb

>>> linux+unsubscribe [ at ] linux-ottawa [ dot ] org
>>> To get help send a blank message to linux+help [ at ] linux-ottawa [ dot ] org
>>> To visit the archives: https://lists.linux-ottawa.org

PNG image