Re: anyone using a privacy-protecting cell phone

$799 USD for the base phoe
No wireless AC. :-(

On January 23, 2021 00:06:57 "Brenda J. Butler" <bjb [ at ] sourcerer [ dot ] ca> wrote:

Hello Linux hive-mind -

Anyone out there in Linux-land with experience they are willing to share
using a cell phone with good privacy that doesn't track you?

This request eventually reminded me about the Purism phone:

https://puri.sm/

which purports to be a ground-up phone OS designed for privacy.

I have not bought it but maybe I should.

I was under the impression that the person who started the
company was in Toronto but they are based in the States now.
But that is a vague memory and may be entirely false.

They don't have social media icons.  Their web page (front page)
is served from one server (impressive!).  They have a warrant
canary page and two people gpg-sign a message for that page on
a monthly basis.

Looks legit.

I'm guessing they are expensive as they are not subsidized
by Big Tech.  Haven't seen prices yet.

bjb