anyone using a privacy-protecting cell phone

Hello Linux hive-mind -

A non-tech friend is trying to get out from under Apple and set up her
cell phone and computers without Microsoft, Google, or Apple looking
over her shoulder.  She is concerned about tracking and privacy.

I can give her help with her future Linux desktop, but I don't even
own a cell phone so I can't advise on "Linux" cell phones (or any kind
of cell phones).

Anyone out there in Linux-land with experience they are willing to share
using a cell phone with good privacy that doesn't track you?