Re: A new subscriber ... in need of help.

  • Subject: Re: A new subscriber ... in need of help.
  • From: Allan Topp <ad707 [ at ] ncf [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 10:27:06 -0500

I wasn't aware of the VirtualBox" option.  Thank you for introducing me to it.

Having done a bit of looking I think I'm right in saying that if the VirtualBox was on Windoze then ubuntu would just be a Windoze application and that, therefore, it would be a Windows connection to the internet.  I trust Linux completely on the 'net.  I do not trust Windows at all.  My Acer Windows was never connected to the internet.  Consequently it gave me no problems.  And that's how I want it.  So, if my supposition is correct then a VM on Windows doesn't do it for me.

And I think I have a major problem the other way around.  Were I to just install ubuntu, thereby losing Windows, I don't think there is any way to get it back again.  It may be a price I have to pay but meantime I'd rather try and get someone to install a dual boot for me.

Thanks for your response.