Re: A new subscriber ... in need of help.

First - I'd prefer to keep this on the list so when you reply back
please make sure it goes to the list.

Which OS do you use more?  Linux or Windows?   It sounds like you use
Linux more in which case that should be the one you install on the
"bare metal".  i.e install it first.

Once you have Linux installed you should install the "virt-manager"
package, which should pull in everything else required.   Then use
virt-manage to install a VM (virtual machine) for Windows - this
allows Windows to run inside of (or on top of whichever way you look
at it) your Linux install.   I would suggest you google from here to
find out more.

If you do run Windows more than Linux then start with Windows and look
at Virtual Box (google) to run a Linux VM on top of Windows.

--
"You should sit in nature for 20 minutes a day.
 Unless you are busy, then you should sit for an hour"