Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Opinions requested: LF Good low powered multi-port gateway/wireless router

I don’t know how robust a machine you are looking for, but the PC Engines APU board might be of use. You can run whatever OS you want (x86 compatible), it has a serial console, no video and a few options for storage and three 1GB ethernet ports (Realtek RTL8111E). This is the successor to the ALIX series. There are options to add wireless, even 3G with a 3G modem and a SIM if you need a backup data channel for something. 2GB or 4GB  RAM models are available. This can be turned into a router with relative ease, either with custom images or roll your own.

http://www.pcengines.ch/apu.htm

Scott