[OCLUG-Tech] UEFI on SDD

Hi Folks
Having a bit of a brain teaser at the moment.
I have been running Ubuntu 12.04 on all my machines but out of curiosity I
tried putting 13.10 on my Thinkpad X120e, it has a 250gig SDD which ran
12.04 just fine.
I looked at the partitions and saw it had an efi boot partition before I
tried the 13.10 from a thumb drive.
I went through the standard install procedure till I hit "install" when it
told me to go back and put an efi partition of at least 35megs right at the
beginning, that meant starting all over so I did. to cut a long story short
after three attempts I decided to use the latest gparted IOS and partition
before installing so as to make sure the efi was correctly placed.
This install I formatted the premade partitions as needed and it did not
tell me to go back so I thought I was on to a good thing but NO.
So whats happening is on reboot after installing the hard drive cannot be
found whichever way I installed.
I did go into the BIOS and make sure UEFI was enabled in both USB and SATA
locations, also I tried a DVD install as person on a Ubuntu forum in the UK
suggested that would work, the laptop is from Oct 2012 and the SDD is less
than 6 months old so all hardware is current.
I hope I have provided enough information for someone to perhaps make a
suggestion or two.
Thanks in advance
Eric Brackenbury
PS:
13.10 works fine on this machine installed on a spinning disc

--
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/therecycledteenager

*β€œIt is possible to escape death by perching on your enemy's eyelashes; it
means you are so close that he cannot see you.” – Ninja Kawakami*