Re: [OCLUG-Tech] books

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 5:29 AM, Rick Leir <rick [ dot ] leir [ at ] sympatico [ dot ] ca> wrote:

> The OP RDay asked if we value books. A recent Eng grad from Carleton
> (Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering) told me that he
> never read a book. This is a big change since I was in university.

How is that even possible? How is one able to understand Maxwell, Fourier,
Laplace et al without reading and rereading an accurate source (e.g. Not
Wikipedia). I can understand not reading Linux, and other specific
technology books as those are often outdated before leaving the printer.
But EE has been largely unchanged since the invention of the transistor.

--
sg