Re: [OCLUG-Tech] OCLUG AGM - discussing change

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 11:28:26AM -0400, Jon wrote:
> On 21-Mar-12 3:23 PM, Bill Strosberg wrote:
> > I have not attended meetings for years - when the meetings moved from
> > the Lees Algonquin campus downtown, it became painful enough to not
> > bother.  Subsequent moves westward were just as bad for me.  There have
> > been many meeting topics that were interesting, but not enough to
> > commute in from the far east end where I live.  No matter who is happy,
> > not everyone will be.
>
> Moving meetings back east-ward would cause headaches for folks in the
> west end.  The Algonquin location is a good one - right on the
> transitway.  Close to 417.  What's not to like, other than a few extra
> minutes en route?

"a few extra minutes"  In my case, 120 minutes.  What's your time worth?
Where is the centroid of this region's population?  In particular, where
is the centroid of interested persons without private motor
transportation?

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\            <hpv.tricolour.net>
<www.TriColour.net>                --  \___   o \@       @       Ride yer bike!