Re: [OCLUG-Tech] dumb question. how to I tell a USB1 from a USB 2 port.

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] dumb question. how to I tell a USB1 from a USB 2 port.
  • From: Charles MacDonald <cmacd [ at ] zeusprune [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 22:00:35 -0400
On 11-09-13 06:31 AM, Bill Strosberg wrote:

There typically is also a BIOS setting allowing you to choose USB mode
of operation. Many motherboard support forcing USB ports to older modes
for older hardware.

I was thinking more of not plugging something like a mouse into the "more valuable" port.

--
Charles MacDonald                 Stittsville Ontario
cmacd [ at ] zeusprune [ dot ] ca              Just Beyond the Fringe