Re: [OCLUG-Tech] dumb question. how to I tell a USB1 from a USB 2 port.

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] dumb question. how to I tell a USB1 from a USB 2 port.
  • From: Bill Strosberg <oclug [ at ] strosberg [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 06:31:46 -0400
On 11-09-12 10:48 PM, Charles MacDonald wrote:
My generic computer is supposed to have both USB 1 posts and a USB 2
port.  is their an incantation that will tell me which are which (for
example if I plug in a memory stick, can I get a list that says it is
plugged into the USB or USB2 port.

There typically is also a BIOS setting allowing you to choose USB mode of operation. Many motherboard support forcing USB ports to older modes for older hardware.