[OCLUG-Tech] dumb question. how to I tell a USB1 from a USB 2 port.

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] dumb question. how to I tell a USB1 from a USB 2 port.
  • From: Charles MacDonald <cmacd [ at ] zeusprune [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 22:48:42 -0400
My generic computer is supposed to have both USB 1 posts and a USB 2 port. is their an incantation that will tell me which are which (for example if I plug in a memory stick, can I get a list that says it is plugged into the USB or USB2 port.

--
Charles MacDonald                 Stittsville Ontario
cmacd [ at ] zeusprune [ dot ] ca              Just Beyond the Fringe