[OCLUG-Tech] Developments in device drivers

It's not like anyone needed help figuring out that device drivers represent some of the larger hurdles in setting up and operating any OS. Here's a nice little look at the problem and some solutions in development.

http://m.technologyreview.com/read_article.aspx?id=25676&sr=true&srtype=58

Regrets that there is a focus on results from microsowft platforms. Linux is mentioned specifically also.

There is a "patents pending" undertone to the article, but we can always hope for and even ask for open source licensing on such promising code. One can appreciate the value in these testing tools even if you've never programmed drivers or compiled kernels.

Enjoy!
-Paul

Sent from a locked proprietary device. I'm working on my freedom and I'll be there one day.