Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Distro Recommendations

On 11-05-10 11:06 AM, porpen wrote:
But I agree, building and installing from source is probably your best bet.  Heck install it to /usr/local or /opt or wherever and add symlinks to your ~/bin.  This will keep the distro happy with it's stable version of perl.

The best way to install a local version of Perl is to use perlbrew http://search.cpan.org/~gugod/App-perlbrew-0.20/bin/perlbrew

It allows you to switch between different versions, among other things.

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
  Shawn

Confusion is the first step of understanding.

as it is about coding.

The secret to great software:  Fail early & often.

Eliminate software piracy:  use only FLOSS.