Re: [OCLUG-Tech] DSL Packet Loss

rgb wrote:

> I'm currently on Taksavvy, but have previously been on CIA, IGS, iStop,
> BellNexxia, all on the same type of service.  The Teksavvy line is on a dry
> loop.
>
> As far as I'm aware, I'm not seeing any of these problems.

Just an outside data point, I have NCF/TekSavvy here, and it has acually
behaved this week. For the last couple of months, I have been getting a
coonection that just "goes away"  sometimes right between page one and
page two of an online news story!

When it goes away, The Speedtouch reports that I am connected and that
it can see the Gateway and DNS.... except that fresh DNS lookups time
out, and attempts to load web pages from addresses in teh Cache say they
that are conneced, but don't accually load anything.

*0% of the time I have got back online by "restarting" the speedtouch.
once or twice I have had to diconecct and reconnect again after the line
is suposidly back up.  this is on a "wet" line, and I have the
speedtouch connected at the demarkation point, with the house wiring all
after a DSL filter.  (the line just services my fax machine which gets
little POTS trafic)

--
Charles MacDonald               Stittsville Ontario
 cmacd [ at ] zeusprune [ dot ] ca        Just Beyond the Fringe