Re: [OCLUG-Tech] DSL Packet Loss

>> Ian! Allen sent me some interesting graphs from a SpeedTouch.
>> He's on NCF/TekSavvy and in my neighbourhood.
> Any chance you could pass those graphs along?

Things are a bit awkward considering that I have three DSL lines into this
room and all three of them are misbehaving today, even the rock-solid
legacty 2.2 Mbit line with the old Westell modem.  I'm even losing dial
tone on that line.  You can try to pick up the graphs from me here:

    3Web/Cybersurf 3Mbit graphs:   http://ian.idallen.ca/dsl/
    NCF/Teksavvy 5Mbit graphs:     http://ian.idallen.ca/dsl2/

If that line is still broken, substitute "ian0.idallen.ca" in the URL
and see if that works better.

The graphs aren't quite pure, since for a few days I had the NCF line
plugged into the 3Web modem and vice-versa.  Anything with a Downstream
Kbit/s of 3000 is 3Web.  Early 3Web (Jan-Apr 2007) was also "5Mbit", then
"4Mbit", then to the current 3Mbit on Apr 18 2007.  Even at 3Mbit that
line still won't hold sync - it resets 70-300 times a day.  The new NCF
line only resets 4-30 times a day, mostly because the NCF loaner modem
has more recent firmware that holds onto a bad line longer.

A better place for DSL discussions might be in the Canadian forums on
DSLReports.com:   http://www.dslreports.com/forums/23
I've put some replies and graphs into the Teksavvy forum.