Re: [OCLUG-Tech] fonts in minimal fluxbox setup

* Bart Trojanowski <bart-oclug [ at ] jukie [ dot ] net> [070910 15:07]:
> * Prof J C Nash <nashjc [ at ] ncf [ dot ] ca> [070910 14:33]:
> > Thanks to all for help. I have managed to use command line xterm to get
> > bigger terminal fonts. Putting alias in .bashrc however has so far
> > proved annoyingly resistant to putting the same command as a replacement
> > for xterm. May have to use a different name or some such hack.
>
> alias xterm="/usr/bin/xterm -font $FONTSPEC"
>
> Inside your alias, you need to reference the complete path, not the
> alias itself.

Better yet, John, you should store this in ~/.Xdefaults not in an alias.
That way even if another program, say your window manager, executes
xterm and does not go through bash you will get your fonts.

Here is mine,

http://www.jukie.net/~bart/conf/Xdefaults

You just need to grab the xterm*font: lines you like.  Say something
like:

On Debina (or derived) you can have a look at
/etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm for the defaults that xterm will use when
starting up.  You can copy things from there into your .Xdefaults to
override them.

-Bart

--
				WebSig: http://www.jukie.net/~bart/sig/