[OCLUG-Tech] Knoppix for rescuing Vista lost passwords

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] Knoppix for rescuing Vista lost passwords
  • From: Prof J C Nash <nashjc [ at ] ncf [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 20:13:09 -0400
Today I was talking to Bill Taylor of the U of O Cosmos (bookstore) computer counter. He mentioned he'd been doing well with Kubuntu and Knoppix (I'd mentioned these last year). In particular, they'd been rescuing XP systems with Knoppix when folk got virussed or lost admin passwords. However, recently he said Knoppix was unable to access Vista disks. I can find nothing on the net to suggest M$ has changed the NTFS setup as in the past. However, that doesn't mean there has not been a change. Does anyone have any info on Knoppix access to Vista disks?

JN