Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Back-up strategy for home linux systems

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Back-up strategy for home linux systems
  • From: "Dan Langille" <dan [ at ] langille [ dot ] org>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 22:09:22 -0500
On 26 Feb 2007 at 21:47, Bart Trojanowski wrote:

> I think you want to create a hot stand by.  Bacula is probably not the
> right tool for that.  Maybe RAID-1.

And to be clear, RAID is not a backup.  It is a tool to help you
through a disk failure.

I backup my data.  I leave the OS for reinstallation.  The data
includes configuration files etc.  But I don't backup the apps etc,
things which can be easily reconstructed from other sources.

--
Dan Langille : Software Developer looking for work
my resume: http://www.freebsddiary.org/dan_langille.php