Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Back-up strategy for home linux systems

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Bart Trojanowski wrote:

Thanks for the replies.  I'm off to figure out Bacula.

I think you can backup the device, but I wouldn't do that myself.

I also found this unusual.  I wish I had the disk space you must have :)

Ok, I'll bite... Why wouldn't I want to do the whole drive? If I need to restore due to a drive failure wouldn't I need to restore from an image of the whole drive (including the boot sector and MBR)? I'm not on the same page as you guys. Please put me on the same page :)

You got mine.

Ditto.

Thanks a bunch.

-Bart