[OCLUG-Tech] New member seeks urgent help.

Hello Everyone,
	OK, I've been running Linux, (Mandrake & more recently Fedora Core 4),
as an ignorant user, but I now have moved to Ottawa and for the first
time High Speed Internet is available to me.
	I went and ordered a 3 MByte ADSL modem, which I now have, but, (maybe
you're heard of this), my ISP doesn't support Linux.  I am running
Fedora Core 4 presently and can still get on-line with my old V.92
modem.  I've got the ADSL connected, but that's as far as I got.  How do
I set this up with my system so it can be used.
	I want to backup my files and then switch to the new Mandriva, and I
might even try actually buying the Power Pack to get the NVidia drivers
and manuals.
	I've just moved and many things are still in boxes, like my CD writer.
I have a new DVD writer around here somewhere, but I never got it to
work, and for now I'd be just as happy with CDs.
	Ultimately, I want to edit video and convert all my old VHS tapes to
DVD format.  I think it should be better to do it on the computer than
with a component DVD writer bought seperately, but I'm open to greater
wisdom.  Is there software available for this.  Can it enhance the video
as well?
	I'd really like to get the ADSL going, anyway, as I'm already paying
for the account.

--
Regards,
Fred Williams