[OCLUG-Tech] back to the ussr (DNS)

OK, having sorted out that the vast majority of issues were due to my router, I have gotten most of the DNS stuff worked out and decided to tackle Postfix.

I have managed to make it work locally (its broken out of the box on Mandrake 9.1) and think it even might handle Internet mail OK, but, I am getting a DNS MX host error.

Here is the master zone file for the primary host which is also the DNS and postfix host (edited for domains).

Where did I go wrong? (the hostname is "www" - not "ns1" or the like - and is a registered DNS host for all domain types, including .org).
$TTL 86400

@ IN SOA www.my-host-domain.net. myemail.myemaildomain.ca. (
                       2006042207    ; serial number YYMMDDNN
                       28800           ; Refresh
                       7200            ; Retry
                       864000          ; Expire
                       86400           ; Min TTL
           )

NS www.my-host-domain.net. NS ns.my-secondary.com.

$ORIGIN my-host-domain.net.

@               MX      10 www.my-host-domain.net.

my-host-domain.net.    IN    A 206.248.137.99

; Alias (canonical) names
ftp       IN CNAME        my-host-domain.net.
mail      IN CNAME        my-host-domain.net.
www       IN CNAME        my-host-domain.net.
blogs     IN CNAME        my-host-domain.net.
forums    IN CNAME        my-host-domain.net.
gallery   IN CNAME       my-host-domain.net.

; List of machine names & addresses
;box2    IN A    192.168.0.4   ; iis
;box3    IN A    192.168.0.5   ; ws

I have tried a lot of permutations, some having no effect, some causing the problem to worsen (mail goes poof into cyberspace never to be seen again) and others causing bind to die on startup.

Cheers
Scy