Re: FWD: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] What does a computer do?

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 07:53 -0400, Brenda J. Butler wrote:
> Save some energy and visit the mailing list archives for
> the earlier discussions.
>
> One point from the mailing list archives that I'd like to
> highlight is that a good mail client can help.
>
> I use mutt - if I press "r" it will reply to the sender
> of the message, "g" will reply to sender and list, and "L"
> will reply to the list.

Or you could pretend you're in the 21st century (Wait! We are! We are!)
and use something like Evolution which does all of the above with a few
keystrokes or from a menu, sorts mail, keeps track of and manages
addresses/contacts, manage tasks, has a calendar to list and notify you
of appointments etc. and all that with a usable GUI! And it will filter
spam (ok that one is so-so).

And you don't have to be a whiz kid like Brenda or Adrian.

Those old text-based wooden computers are cute though. I particularly
like the ornate hand-cranks.

:-)

-m

--
"The most important instrument of thought is the eye."
-Benoit Mandelbrot