Re: [OCLUG-Tech] What does a computer do?

Hi;  For any who might be interested in the question I posed a few
minutes ago, I have made some adjustments to quoted paragraph.  It now
reads:

"A digital computer is an appliance that takes in information meaningful
to humans; converts it into electrical data; stores it; may or may not
transform the data; and presents it as information to humans.

Electrical data consists of a set, or continuous stream, of lower or
higher voltage pulses or bits.  Data is transformed by transistors
switching electrical data from one circuit to another.  The possible
transformations are: changing a higher voltage bit to a lower voltage
and vice versa; arithmetic addition of two sets of data bits; and,
moving data from one meaningful location to another meaningful
location within the computer."

Regards Bill