Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Internet connection through cable modem

On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 10:45:23AM -0500, Phil Orpen wrote:

> Try turning the modem off for a couple of minutes.  Some models lock
> to the first MAC address that asks for an IP via DHCP, ingoring
> following requests from other network devices.   If this works, you
> may want to get a router.

I agree on both points.  I had this happen to me.

Imagine my surprise (and subsequent theorising to the above effect)
when following the Rogers tech's advice -- restarting the modem --
actually worked.  I had plugged it into several NICs to identify them.