Re: [OCLUG-Tech] alsa problems

Michael W. Bazdell wrote:
I can get my card to work fine after running alsaconf, and then I do
alsactl store, but everytime I reboot, I have to run alsaconf again. I'm
running Debian Etch with a standard SBLive card. It's very odd.

A friend of mine is also running Debian Sarge, and has the same problem,
but with different sound card. Anybody else having this problem or am I
missing something?

I know that with my default setup on Suse 9.1, the sound sometimes works, or else I get a dialog that says "artsd" has got a "signal 11" I don't really know where to look, and I don't want to upset other things so I have been studiously ignoring the problem.

--
Charles MacDonald      cmacd [ at ] TelecomOttawa [ dot ] net     Stittsville Ontario
1800+ Canadians oppose Bill C-60 which protects antiquated Recording,