[OCLUG-Tech] myth TV, Freevo, et al and streaming video....

Hi,

I have been thinking of building a PVR system for Rogers cable. My wife was asking if could view and/or control the PVR from a wireless laptop in real time. Well, I thought about it for bit then did some searching, but I didn't come up with much. There is of course the obvious solution of running the software directly on the laptop and connecting the laptop to rogers cable spigot. This solution kinda defeats the wireless part of the laptop.

Does anyone know if there is any software/hardware that can do this?

Bruce