Re: Reminder of L3GO meeting a week from today.

On Wed, Apr 08, 2020 at 04:46:03PM -0400, Michael Richardson wrote:
> Bufferbloat is the critical thing that kills online meetings.
> That's why many-lettered WIFI is so bad, because it gets it's throughput by
> doing high-latency batching...

Bufferbloat is not even remoutely the issue, it's the complete lack of
bandwidth that's the primary concern.  There are 2 reasons for that: lack
of spectrum, and poor management of client radios (which drives up airtime
occupation).  All it takes is 1 client radio having a bad SNR to drive
airtime occupation up and reduce available bandwidth on a channel for all
clients.  Since Storm charges customers to fix poor connectivity issues, a
lot of their clients continue using radios with marginal SNR.

Thankfully I'm not a Storm customer and don't have to deal with their
network problems at all.  Well, aside from picking up new customers that
can't stand it anymore.

		-ben
--
"Thought is the essence of where you are now."