After a long hiatus, re-joining the group was very nice. Different people, but still going.  I would not want to see it end for lack of a few dollars to support the bare minimum of supporting infrastructure.

I pledge $60, about the cost a tank of gas, which I don't have to spend getting to meetings :-)

Cheers, Ian M.

On 2023-04-10 12:02, BCLUG wrote:
Dianne Skoll wrote on 2023-04-10 08:55:

Yes, according tohttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linode

The linode.com web site is now branded "Akamai"

Thanks Dianne.

The promo codes have been offered under the Linode brand as recently as the last LNL podcast episode (also on the Linux After Dark, Linux Downtime, and Self Hosted podcasts), so that seems to be continuing.

Another couple of surprises:

> On February 15, 2022, Akamai Technologies announced its intent to
> acquire Linode for $900 million;

That it happened so long ago and I didn't hear about it, and that it sold for "only" $900,000,000.